| - Be a
United States Citizen.
- Be of good moral
- Pass an extensive background investigation.
- Pass a psychological evaluation.
- Pass a thorough medical examination, including a
- Possess a Louisiana driver's license at the time
- No felony convictions as a juvenile or an adult,
and cannot be on probation.
- No domestic violence convictions and cannot be a
subject of any domestic violence.
- Must be a high school graduate or have acquired a
high school equivalency certificate (GED).
- If not already P.O.S.T. certified, must
successfully complete a P.O.S.T. Academy.